Trading stocks and securities is a combination of experience, instinct and industry know-how. And at times, it can get overwhelming especially if you weigh the risk and aren’t well aware of the potential reward. So what can you do to lower your risk and maximize your profits instead?
This week, the Dreamer joining us is the founder of Trade and Travel, Teri Ijeoma. She will be sharing with us her journey from being an assistant principal to a professional trading expert with the number one course on Teachable. Teri also shares as tips on how to make an informed and calculated trade while lowering your risk of losing money.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The basics of trading and how to get started
- The 7-step process before placing a trade
- The difference between a trader and a long-term investor
- Identifying solid and healthy companies that will be around long-term
- Several risk management steps
- What does stop-loss order or limit order mean
If you want to build your wealth through smart and rewarding investments and are ready to put in the time, you may want to consider trading.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
Dreamer’s Wealth of Wisdom:
- I teach people how to trade so they can live their best lives. – Teri Ijeoma
- Short-term investors trade for income instead of just buying and holding. They take some of that profit and wait for an opportunity to get back into the stock. – Teri Ijeoma
- When you are investing, there’s always the risk of losing your investment. – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- When you become more educated, you’ll learn more about these risk management tools and charting tools that will help you not lose as much. – Teri Ijeoma
- Being able to really control your emotions, being able to not be greedy, that’s a big thing that comes up in trading. – Teri Ijeoma
- Money does not buy you happiness so find other ways to bring yourself joy. – Teri Ijeoma
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Purchase Teri’s Trade and Travel Course
- Trading View
- TD Ameritrade
- Jumiino Skincare
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
More about the Guest:
Teri Ijeoma began her professional career working in education and nonprofits. She started trading stocks eleven years ago and saw it as an opportunity to simply supplement her income. In 2017, she decided to quit her job, travel the world, and begin trading full-time. While traveling, Teri was constantly asked to show others how she was successfully trading in the stock market. She set up and taught her first class in Thailand, her second in Vietnam, and had a fully-fledged curriculum created by the time she returned to the States. She now offers an online curriculum that shares her investing strategies with people all over the world.