What does it take to build a million-dollar brand from scratch? Dreamer James Hill, Founder of Black Millionaires, built a 7-figure company from the ground up.
In this episode, he spills his secrets on how to do it.
Growing up in Detroit with no example of success around him, James became the first person in his family to go to college. After college, he worked in banking and was on track to retire at 67 from his corporate career until he was exposed to more.
After generating significant revenue for his company, James got the opportunity to travel on a private jet to watch an NBA game courtside. That’s what opened his eyes to what was possible. After that experience, James decided to become an entrepreneur. After a failed business and thousands of dollars of savings gone, he went back to the drawing board; he returned to his corporate job and started Black Millionaires shortly after.
Whether you’re an aspiring/thriving entrepreneur or just ready to elevate your wealth, you don’t want to miss this episode.
In this episode, James Hill discusses:
- How he built the 7-figure brand Black Millionaires
- The Networking Law of 33
- How he is building passive income streams
- The millionaire mindset
- Lessons learned from his first business as an adult
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
- Would you rather watch this episode? Go to our YouTube channel to enjoy the video version. And while you’re at it, click the bell to subscribe so you can get notified when a new episode comes out.
- First selling experience where he made $600 from selling candies [3:00]
- The challenges in finding a suitable job after college [5:20]
- As the first one to go to college in the family, James Hill went through a lot of hurdles by himself [7:22]
- Getting a glimpse of a possibly better life made him want to start his own business. [13:34]
- Learning that collaboration and building a community is better than trying to be “self-made” [16:07]
- Millionaire Mindset: Consume what you envision [18:03]
- Be consistent in putting out content so you can build a brand [23:20]
- Networking Law of 33 is making sure you are well-rounded [26:21]
- He invests in passive income streams that do not require much of his time. [30:14]
- “I never went without having my own money ever because I realized the power my family, friends, and everybody had over me because I don’t have enough.” – James Hill
- “What it takes you a year to do on your own, you can do it in a week with 10 or five other people.” – James Hill
- “I had to put my money to work in places that benefit me instead of just blowing it on parties.” – James Hill
- “I couldn’t work for them anymore because I realized that if I wanted to own a jet, I wasn’t able to afford it while working for him. I have to create my own destiny.” – James Hill
- “You can’t be afraid to put your money where your mouth is and advertise your business. ” – James Hill
- “You can’t be consuming content that doesn’t allow you to get there. You need to read books, you need to study, and you need to be around people that can help you get to where you want to go.” – James Hill
- “You have to elevate in terms of what you know about money and wealth so that you can be a good steward of that money.” – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- “Just focus on doing those actions that you can control.” – James Hill
- “Don’t network up first because you might not have enough value to add to that person. You might only get one shot with the person to impress them.” – James Hill
- “You gotta get around people who really want to see you win.” – James Hill
About James Hill:
CEO James Hill is a digital marketing expert with a unique ability to capture the attention of millions through social media by sharing positive and uplighting content on financial literacy. James started his career as a Mortgage loan originator and now is a champion for financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and corporate leadership.
Connect with James Hill:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
Other Episodes You Might Like:
- How to Build your Million-Dollar Network and Become a Debt-Free Millionaire with Anthony ONeal
- Episode Replay – How to Grow and Monetize Social Media to Scale your Business with Ellie Diop “Ellie Talks Money”
- How to Make 7-Figures in E-commerce with Christianna Hurt
- How to Graduate from College Debt-Free Even If You Have Student Loans with Chris Corinthian
- Changing your Mindset to Build Wealth in the Stock Market and Change Your Financial Trajectory with Cassandra Cummings