Episode 125 with Lawrence Delva-Gonzalez
The blueprint to becoming a 9 to 5 millionaire in less than 10 years. Lawrence Delva-Gonzalez “The Neighborhood Finance Guy” started his career earning $23k a year. Fast Forward a few years, Lawrence and his wife Doreen went from owing more than they owned to 9 to 5 millionaires in 7 years.
They accomplished that before turning 40 while earning approximately $120k on average a year. Today, Lawrence is on a mission to help other people do the same with his net max financial plan which you can find for free on his website.
Lawrence and Doreen are on their way to retire early as multi-millionaires, and their story is proof that with the right mindset and information we can all live a wealthier life.
Join us as we delve into their inspirational story, unraveling the secrets to their financial success, and gaining valuable insights into their wealth-building strategies.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How they went from a negative net worth to 9 to 5 millionaires in 7 years earning $120k a year combined on average.
- How to invest more, legally save on taxes, and build wealth.
- Building wealth while traveling the world.
- Conditional Inheritance: Preparing the next generation for wealth
- Risk management and Market “mastery”: From gambling to smart Investing
- Living life on your own terms.
- Value-based spending: Finding Joy in Unique Experiences
- Lessons for first-generation millionaires
- Net max plan: Knowing the net effect on your money
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
- Would you rather watch this episode? Go to our YouTube channel to enjoy the video version. And while you’re at it, click the bell to subscribe so you can get notified when a new episode comes out.
- Introduction and quick backstory of Lawrence Gonzalez (01:25)
- Lawrence’s wealth perspective before and now (5:16)
- The millionaire’s income revealed (6:39)
- Being mindful of where your money goes (7:56)
- How 401k, IRA and HSA investments create opportunities to become a millionaire (10:28)
- The advantages of maximizing pre-tax retirement accounts for a similar take-home pay while bolstering retirement savings (11:49)
- How the next max plan work and help most people become millionaires in 10 years or less (14:52)
- Why index funds are more stable in long term (16:37)
- Finding balance between living a fulfilling life today and investing for the future (18:42)
- How to identify valuable things for us in pursuit of spending money wisely (20:23)
- Sticking to 90-10 equities to dividends and investing in familiar stocks for a risk management plan to ensure portfolio growth (22:31)
- The first-generation millionaire’s advice they want to pass down for the next generation (24:49)
- What role wealth plays in your life’s journey (26:32)
- Advice for wealth-building starters (27:46)
- Lawrence next goal (29:37)
- Rapidfire questions (30:27)
Dreamers’ Wealth of Wisdom:
- “Become mindful of where your money is actually going.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “Being joyful about the experience of where you are, no matter how much money you have.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “The more good things you do with your money, the more it’s going to create opportunities for you to do more with your money” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “If you’re utilizing money in the way that it can be used, you could lower down your debt really fast.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “If you invest your money — you’re doing more than just sitting on it, that you might have a chance to actually beat inflation and also beat your own self.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “When you’re picking stocks, you have to be right on the way in and also be right on the way out.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “Once you start separating yourself from everybody else’s category, you start finding the things that matter to you.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “There is value in being educated, not just for the sake of making money, but to think of being knowledgeable on a day-to-day basis of how you live.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- “I see wealth as a unique tool — an opportunity to create more wealth in other people.” – Lawrence Gonzalez
- If you want a guaranteed way to build wealth over the long run, then stick with index funds.” – Anne-Lyse
- investing is very important, building your future is very important, but, sometimes I like to spend money, but I spend money on things that I don’t regret spending money on.” – Anne-Lyse
Mentioned on the Show:
About the Guest:
Lawrence Delva-Gonzalez is a full-time financial literacy enthusiast who works a 9-5. Along with his wife, they were able to become millionaires in less than 6 years.
Although they started from humble roots, these first-generation millionaires aspire to teach others how to build wealth and live life inspired.
Connect with Lawrence Delva-Gonzalez:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
- Instagram (Personal)
- Get Your Brand In The Press
- Join the Wealth Community