Episode 53 with Rich Jones
We always hear that money can’t buy happiness. But the lack of money can cause stress, unhappiness, or even depression.
We all dream of being financially free, but getting there can be tricky. It’s important to have discipline, and self-awareness to control our emotions when it comes to our pursuit of wealth and how we spend our money.
The Dreamer joining us this week is Rich Jones, Founder of Paychecks and Balances and host of The Mental Wealth Show. He shares with us his personal finance journey, the mental health challenges he faced on his wealth-building journey, and how he improved his income by 300% by finding the right balance between work and having a side hustle.
We also touch on the importance of investing in yourself and taking a mental health break to restore, refresh and recover not only physically but also mentally and emotionally while on your wealth-building journey.
Join us on this week’s episode to be inspired and empowered by Rich’s story to achieve your definition of freedom through strategic career moves and mental health awareness.
In this episode, Rich talks about:
- How budgeting is a tool to help make your wealth-building journey easier
- Tips on how to balance your work and side-hustle
- The systems Rich built to prevent overspending
- How he started to invest in himself and what it has done for him
- The benefits of a mental health break
- Why you need a leadership coach
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
Dreamer’s Wealth of Wisdom:
- It’s not necessarily about being perfect when it comes to money. But it’s identifying your triggers and building systems around them. – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- It’s a lot easier to work towards a goal than just to save money or invest just without any angle in mind. – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- A really big part of it is also being comfortable with yourself of what you want and being independent of what anyone else is saying or thinking. – Rich Jones
- When I go to work every day, it’s not just about going in the company’s mission and hitting the company’s goal. But I’ve also got goals to think about the bigger picture that this job is helping me achieve because your career is a tool. – Rich Jones
- Have structure and a dedicated time for yourself because you don’t have to do everything at a specific time. – Rich Jones
Other Resources Mentioned:
- My Fitness Pal
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Free 5-Step Guide to Changing Your Day Job
About the Guest:
Rich Jones is the Founder of the platform Paychecks and Balances. He is the host of The Mental Wealth Show, where it’s all about showing you what’s possible personally, professionally, and financially when you’re willing to do the internal and external work.
Rich has been podcasting since 2013 and is also a YouTuber and public speaker. Currently, he works in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion unit at Google.