Episode 95 with Mandi Woodruff-Santos
If you want to improve your negotiation skills to earn more, Dreamer Mandi Woodruff-Santos @mandimoney has the blueprint.
In this week’s episode, career coach and award-winning co-host of The Brown Ambition podcast, Mandi Woodruff-Santos, shares how she increased her income from $35K to over $300k in 10 years.
After being laid off only 3 months after starting her first job, Mandi realized that she needed to look out for her interest because her employer wouldn’t.
Over the years, she developed the “Quit Your Way Rich” approach which she teaches to the women she coaches. A key element of Quitting your Way Rich is knowing your worth and making other people see your potential and intrinsic value.
In this episode, Mandi Woodruff-Santos discusses:
- Two biggest strategies to increase your income
- The Art of Negotiation and some tips to successfully negotiate to earn more
- How to attract opportunities to earn and build wealth
- How to make people see your value.
- Three actionable tips to help you get paid your value
- How to automate investing
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
- Would you rather watch this episode? Go to our YouTube channel to enjoy the video version. And while you’re at it, click the bell to subscribe so you can get notified when a new episode comes out.
Dreamers’ Wealth of Wisdom:
- I was much more intentional about not using loyalty as a trap for my career. So if they were going to dispose of me, I wouldn’t feel guilty about going through my career and leaving an employer for a new opportunity. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
- It’s very important for us to not only know how to pivot or when to pivot but also, we have to make ourselves attractive – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- Money had to be right but also the opportunity needed to make sense for you and where you’re at in your career. Be unapologetic about that, you don’t have to feel guilty about quitting for more money and a better opportunity. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
- You need to have a special amount of knowledge or know-how to really build wealth when really what the wealth builders like myself differ from people who aren’t building wealth is just a decision to start. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
- The negotiation happens when you show them your intrinsic value and they are excited to hire you. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
- I am trying to follow the practice I learned early in my career, which is just do it. Don’t try to be an expert. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
- My biggest tip financially is like keep lifestyle inflation at bay as much as possible. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
- On one lesson that you learned the hard way: That if you don’t ask for help, you will break. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
- Through my work, I want the idea of hundreds of women of color who are killing it in their careers and negotiating with confidence, and earning more money because of something they heard me say or read, or were inspired by listening to me talk. – Mandi Woodruff-Santos
About the Guest:
Mandi Woodruff-Santos is the award-winning co-host of the Brown Ambition podcast and founder of the MandiMoney Makers, a one-of-a-kind leadership & career coaching community for women of color. As a career and money expert, Mandi is a regular contributor to Yahoo Finance Live and has been featured on The Dr. Phil Show, The New York Times, CNBC, CNN, Business Insider, Essence and Teen Vogue.
Connect with Mandi Woodruff-Santos:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
Other Episodes You Might Like:
- How this Single Mom Retired a Millionaire in Her Forties Without Ever Earning Six-Figures a Year.
- 10 Mistakes to Avoid on Your Wealth-Building Journey
- How To Leverage Your Skills and Income to Build Generational Wealth with Ellie Diop, Founder of Ellie Talks Money
- How to Change Your Money Mindset To Earn More with Natalie Bullen