Episode 96 with Steven Stack
“How can I become work optional in less than 20 years?” That’s a question this week’s Dreamer, Steven Stack, engineer-turned-financial coach, asked himself in his early twenties. But the gap between a thought and actual results, or a dream and the fulfillment of that dream, is action. So Steven put a plan in motion and became work optional in his early thirties.
In this episode, Steven shares with us his personal story of how he was able to accumulate wealth, and become a debt-free multi-millionaire in his thirties.
Steven is the author of Simple Money Talks. In this episode, he discusses his investment strategies, as well as the obstacles, and lessons learned as a newbie real estate investor who had limited financial resources.
In this episode, Steven Stack discusses:
- Three solid money lessons he learned from his family
- The investing strategies he used to become work optional in his early thirties
- How to become a 9 to 5 millionaire
- Investing mistakes he made early on as a real estate investor
- How he became a debt-free multi-millionaire in his thirties
- Why we need to diversify our investments in different asset classes
- Good Debt vs. Strategic Debt
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
- Would you rather watch this episode? Go to our YouTube channel to enjoy the video version. And while you’re at it, click the bell to subscribe so you can get notified when a new episode comes out.
Dreamers’ Wealth of Wisdom:
- A pretty solid foundation around money are three things. Number one, don’t spend more than what you make. Make sure you put aside money for a rainy day. The third thing was to be generous. – Steven Stack
- And I feel like values, those intangibles that you get from your parents or previous generations actually will take you much further than the material. – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- I actually believe that love and the pursuit of it is what makes the world go around – Steven Stack
- You’re not gonna be able to save your way to wealth. You’re gonna have to invest, you’re gonna have to take risks. – Steven Stack
- If I’m not investing, I’m basically choosing to stay home and not make a living – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- You’re earning money right now, but what if you’re in a space where you can’t generate active income anymore? So if you don’t make money in your sleep, you’ll work till you die. – Steven Stack
- Go big, because part of why I gave up ultimately so easily in that situation was just because I planned small. – Steven Stack
- Strategic debt says, I’m acquiring this debt. To get access to an asset that goes up in value and potentially generates income or cash flow that has a surplus beyond the debt payments I have to make. – Steven Stack
About the Guest:
Steven Stack is a financial consultant & coach whose mission is to help others build wealth holistically. He is 100% debt free which includes paying off a six-figure mortgage. He also became a millionaire by age 31 through investing primarily in real estate & the stock market. Steven believes wealth isn’t just what’s in your bank account but also the person you’re becoming.
Connect with Steven Stack:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
Other Episodes You Might Like:
- How to Become a Debt-Free Millionaire in Your Thirties and Do Work You Love with Andy Hill
- How to Build your Million-Dollar Network and Become a Debt-Free Millionaire with Anthony ONeal
- Debt Freedom, Investing, or Both? How to Build Wealth The Lazy Way with Chloé Daniels “Clo Bare The Money Coach”
- How to Invest in Real Estate During Tumultuous Times with Money Dad Justin Chung
- Building a Multi-Million Dollar Recession Proof Real Estate Portfolio Leveraging OPM with Attiyah Blair