When it comes to pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, it’s normal to just want to go back to the way things were because it’s easier. That’s why our natural reaction is often to choose convenience over challenging ourselves.
That feeling of doubt and fear continues to follow you when you try to step out of the familiar and comfortable. But you have to. It’s the natural path to growth.
This episode highlights five steps to overcome self-doubt to broaden your horizon and kicking self-doubt and procrastination to the curb:
- Be clear on your why
- Spend time with like-minded individuals who push you to do better
- Embrace the journey (and the process)
- Assess your progress and how far you’ve come often
- Implement systems
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
- Would you rather watch this episode? Go to our YouTube channel to enjoy the video version. And while you’re at it, click the bell to subscribe so you can get notified when a new episode comes out.
Dreamers’ Wealth of Wisdom:
- As soon as you start to get out of your comfort zone and hit a roadblock, your mind is going to tell you, “Just forget it. Why do I have to make things so complicated?”
- My ‘why’ is so much bigger than the roadblocks that are along the way.
- It’s easy to compare yourself to people who are on a similar journey as you and who seem to be progressing faster. It’s important to remind yourself and understand that what’s for you is for you.
- It’s important for you to find people who will get it. People who will say, okay, your goals might be big, but I think you can do it. People who have done it before. People who are motivated to also go after big goals, similar goals.
- It’s important to love and cherish the journey as you keep pushing yourself towards those goals that you have.
- It’s so easy to look at what’s ahead that you forget to take the time to actually see how far you’ve come.
- There is nobody on this earth who wakes up every day, 1000000% motivated. But what people who are continuously successful have is the systems that work when they don’t feel like working.