Episode 20 with Safiétou Seck
The Dreamers joining us on the podcast for this bonus episode is Safiétou Seck.
Safiétou Seck is a fashion designer and entrepreneur from Dakar, Senegal. She is the founder and creator of SARAYAA, a high-end clothing line for women that she describes as a mix of traditional African and modern fashion.
Born in Dakar, Senegal, Safiétou obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Spelman College her MBA from American University. She then worked as an economist at the US embassy for 7 years. Despite her background in economics, her love for fashion prevailed – especially after an event involving a beloved First Lady.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Safietou secured a multiple six-figure investment in her fashion brand by women investors
- How she transitioned from being an economist to becoming a fashion designer
- The cultural challenges she had to overcome to become a fashion designer
- How she overcame cultural l challenges to become a fashion designer
- How an encounter with Michelle Obama motivated her to start Sarayaa
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Subscribe to the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Connect with me
If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee.