Growing up in a single-parent household and moving to 18 different homes before he turned 18 years old is how KAYR got his start in life. KAYR was able to push through his humble beginnings and now he shares with us how he became a victim of his dreams instead of his circumstances. KAYR went from homelessness to working at Goldman Sachs and retiring in his early thirties with 6-figures of monthly real estate income.
In this episode, KAYR discusses:
- How he became a transformational wealth builder
- The 3 Ds and 3 Cs to building wealth
- How exposing yourself to the finance food chain can drive success
- His approach to real estate portfolio building
- Keeping his 9-to-5 job for all his wants and needs
- Building his portfolio over 10 years
- The different programs he used
- The biggest lessons and mistakes he made in 13 years as a real estate investor
- How transformational wealth changed his and his family’s lives
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
- Would you rather watch this episode? Go to our YouTube channel to enjoy the video version. And while you’re at it, click the bell to subscribe so you can get notified when a new episode comes out.
- Introduction of KAYR [0:08]
- His family had no permanent home and were struggling with each of their own lives [1:30]
- He dreamed bigger and pursued life despite all circumstances around him [3:34]
- KAYR molded his mind to stick to three important Ds [5:37]
- Asking for help from people around him to prepare himself for college [8:35]
- KAYR chose to focus on one aspect of real estate to master it [11:00]
- Taking a risk on a family member is his biggest mistake but he’s still happy he did it [14:38]
- Run your own race when it comes to wealth building [15:36]
- Retiring early means financial freedom [16:49]
- Be focused on the things you want to do well [18:17]
- Build wealth to help with your situation today [19:55]
- Advice on becoming financially independent and building transformational wealth [22:41]
- Rapid fire questions [23:59]
- “My stepdad told me when he came back in my life – he said, ‘Don’t be an F up like me and some of your family members. Do as I say, not as I do.” And that really struck me because that was the first time an adult cursed at me, and told me not to be like them.” – KAYR
- “I started to look at my siblings and people struggling and I said, I’m not going to let this define me. I started to believe in myself and see I can achieve something greater, that I can change the trajectory of my life.” – KAYR
- “I said, I’m going to become a victim of my dreams. So I decided to dream bigger. I decided to believe that I could become a citizen of the world—that good things were meant to happen to me.” – KAYR
- “You’re going to have moments of self-doubt. You’re going to have moments when you’re scared, you’re going to have dark days, and you’re going to have lonely days – but you have to have that desire matched with your determination.” – KAYR
- “I need help. I know that I don’t have it all together. I’m going to be humble, and a closed mouth doesn’t get fed. I have big goals, I can’t do this on my own. I’m not self-made, I’m community made. I really started to rely on my community, therefore, that is what I became.” – KAYR
- “I leveraged the three Rs, which is your track record, your relationships, and then your reputation will precede you. “ – KAYR
- “I believe success doesn’t like speed -things done well are done soon enough – because I live that…I can focus on one thing at a time, and do it extraordinarily well.” – KAYR
Kevin “KAYR” Robinson, co-founder of KAYJAY Consulting, is a stellar example of a young professional who has benefited from working on Wall Street and building a multi-million dollar real estate investment company with currently over 100 rental units from scratch. For as long as he could remember, KAYR, a Philadelphia native, wanted to go to college, but being the first to go among parents, siblings, and friends meant that he had many obstacles to overcome. KAYR is a real estate investor who has assembled a team of professionals to assist across the initial identification, acquisition, and ongoing management of target properties.
In addition, he is a licensed real estate salesperson, a member of the Homeowners Associations of Philadelphia (HAPCO), an engaging transformational speaker, life coach, and business consultant. He held positions at Goldman Sachs, Sirios Capital Management, Raptor Capital Management, and Truist Securities. He is a board member of Philadelphia Young Playwrights, Aucocisco School and The Great Young Society II organization. He was also nominated for the 40 under 40 Leadership Awards Program in Philadelphia and has been featured on MarketWatch FIRE (Financial Independence/Retire Early), and KBS (Korean Broadcasting System).
KAYR’s life story was featured in a chapter in the new book “Black in White Space: The Enduring Impact of Color in Everyday Life,” written by Elijah Anderson, the Sterling Professor of Sociology and of African American Studies at Yale University. KAYR has a bachelor’s degree in history from Bowdoin College and an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
Connect with KAYR:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
Other Episodes You Might Like:
- 9 To 5 Millionaire By Age 31 with Steven Stack
- How to Build your Million-Dollar Network and Become a Debt-Free Millionaire with Anthony ONeal
- How to Use Your 9 to 5 as an Investor to Build Multiple Income Streams with Annalisa Abell
- How Erika Brown Quit Her Corporate Job to Pursue Real Estate and Purchased 38 Doors in Five Years
- Secrets From First-Generation Millionaire Real Estate Investors
- How to Build Wealth Through Real Estate Syndication with Keishia Kennedy