Episode 50 with My Husband Serge
When it comes to choosing someone with whom to spend the rest of our lives, we sometimes forget that beyond love and compatibility, our partner is one of the most important financial decisions we make in life.
Money is one of the most common sources of conflict between married couples. That’s why it’s important to establish a healthy and stable common.
Open communication and joint decision-making when it comes to finances can help strengthen your marriage and give you the opportunity to build a life together that you both enjoy.
In this week’s episode, the Dreamer joining us is none other than my husband Serge, father to our three lovely children, an engineer turned product management professional, a technology music lover, an eternal side hustler, and an overall amazing human. We’re sharing how we are managing our finances together as a couple, how we set our goals each year, and so much more.
We discuss how we save, budget, invest and spend our money together. Serge also shares tips on what he learned as a lifelong side hustler. Listen to learn more!
In this episode, Serge and I talk about:
- How to set common financial goals for the year and achieve them
- Our process for reviewing our finances from the previous year
- Our budgeting process and how it has helped us throughout the year
- Importance of budget review and planning
- Having an emergency fund and joint bank account
- Finding work that aligns with your purpose
- Tips on side hustling
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
Dreamer’s Wealth of Wisdom:
- Wealth to me is about so much more than just money. It’s actually the things that you can do when money isn’t as big of a concern as the time that you get back. – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- Not everybody is meant to be a full-time entrepreneur. But at the end of the day, the most important thing is to enjoy what you do so you can actually live your life and not just survive shortly. – Anne-Lyse Wealth
- If you can communicate smoothly about money, then you can communicate about anything. – Serge
- It’s about your sanity and making sure that we were allocating and devoting our time to things that were important to us like our loved ones and our family – that was a priority. – Serge
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Business Insider article: Our $13,000 Honeymoon to Bora Bora
- The Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela