Julien and Kiersten Saunders, the power couple behind the award-winning platforms Rich and Regular and Money on The Table, are on the podcast this week to discuss how to be successful and earn a good living as a creator.
The couple who are co-authors of Cashing Out: Win the Wealth Game By Walking Away share their story of climbing the corporate ladder and using their 9 to 5 to build wealth and how they successfully transitioned to digital entrepreneurship.
In this week’s episode, Julien and Kiersten Saunders, share how they use their skills and expertise to build wealth in the creator economy, the importance of being an effective storyteller, and so much more.
In this episode, Julien and Kiersten Saunders discuss:
- Leveraging your 9 to 5 to reach financial freedom and cashing out
- The importance of being flexible on your wealth-building journey
- Real Estate and Digital Entrepreneurship as paths to wealth
- How to be successful as a content creator without following the rules
- Corporate America as a Black Professional
- How to build on your skills to stand out among the crowd
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
Dreamers’ Wealth of Wisdom:
- No one should have to live in a world where they have to give so much of themselves. — Julien Saunders
- If you could focus on income and career and being really good at making money, then the rest would take care of itself. — Kiersten Saunders
- New economies, new currencies and new industries are being created. You owe it to yourself to be as flexible as possible and to pay attention and see some of these new opportunities. — Julien Saunders
- Be more interested in the people you haven’t met yet and tell them your own story. — Julien Saunders
- Start compartmentalizing all of your skill sets to find a thing where there really is a lot of room for growth and fulfillment. — Julien Saunder
- I can be whatever I want without feeling the pressure to be the best. — Anne-Lyse
- Predictable income is like a drug that lulls you to sleep. — Julien Saunders
- Figure out how to make your experiences work with what you’re doing next and make the pieces of the puzzle fit together instead of treating everything as a separate experience. — Anne-Lyse
- Cashing Out: Win the Wealth Game by Walking Away.
- Quit Like a Woman: The Radical Choice to Not Drink in a Culture Obsessed with Alcohol
About the Guest:
Julien and Kiersten Saunders are the Atlanta-based couple behind the award-winning blog rich & REGULAR and co-authors of the forthcoming book, Cashing Out: Win the Wealth Game by Walking Away. They are also producers of the award-winning video series, Money on the Table and hosts of the rich & REGULAR podcast. Its mission is to inspire better conversations about money.
The couple has used frugal living, real estate, stock market investing and their online business to build wealth. Together, they paid off $200k in debt in five years and were able to walk away from their corporate jobs before turning 40. When they’re not sharing stories about their experiences with money, they are parents to their son Beau, traveling the world or searching for the next great meal.
Connect with Julien and Kiersten Saunders:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
Other Episodes You Might Like: