Building wealth takes more than applying millionaire habits. It’s a long-term game that requires mindset changes.
After interviewing dozens of first-generation wealth builders, I’ve come to learn that in spite of their different stories, they had similarities. I identified some of the things many first-gen wealth-builders have in common and created a plan to help you improve your relationship with money.
In this episode, I’m sharing six steps to help you improve your relationship with money and write your own story no matter where you are in life right now.
It’s never too late to rewrite your money story. Your story is yours – so own it. But remember to always listen to yourself and what you value.
In this episode, I discuss the importance of:
- Acknowledging your early experiences with money.
- Challenging what it is that you tell yourself and letting go of limiting beliefs
- Forgiving yourself
- Setting specific financial goals and creating a plan
- Being flexible and understanding that the plan may have to change over time
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
Dreamer’s Wealth of Wisdom:
- Go back and look at the impact money had on your life.
- Be mindful of what you tell yourself.
- You are worthy of the income that you desire
- Instead of saying, “I am broke,” tell yourself, “No, I am not broke. My finances are not the best right now, but I am figuring it out.”
Other Resources Mentioned:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
Other Episodes You might Like:
- How to Live a Rich Life with Intention and Win as a Couple with Anjie & RJ
- How to Overcome Your Financial Trauma to Build Wealth with Jacent Wamala
- Unleashing the Power Within You to Become Limitless with Tonya Rapley
- How to Build a Six-Figure Side Hustle and Make Your Money Work for You with Marc Russell
- Building Influence and Maximizing Your Life Seasons with Anthony O’Neal