Episode 18 with Susan McPherson
How to Build Meaningful Relationships in Business to Become a Successful Entrepreneur.
Susan McPherson is the founder and CEO of McPherson Strategies; a communications consultancy focused on the intersection of brands and social impact.
Susan has 25+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, and sustainability communications, speaking regularly at industry conferences and contributing to the Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, and Forbes. She has appeared on NPR, CNN, USA Today, The New Yorker, New York Magazine, and the Los Angeles Times.
Susan is an angel investor and a Vital Voices global corporate ambassador and has received numerous accolades for her voice on social media platforms from Fortune Magazine, Fast Company, and Elle Magazine. She’s known to be a serial connector and is the author of The Lost Art of Connecting: The Gather, Ask, Do Method for Building Meaningful Relationships.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Lessons from Susan’s journey as an angel investor of 18 women-led startups
- How to become an accredited investor
- How to find and approach potential investors for your business
- The best advice Susan received her first year as an entrepreneur that has helped her build a multi-million dollar business
- How tragedy prepared Susan to take risks and carry her mother’s legacy
- The 3-step method Susan has used over the years to build meaningful relationships and become known as a serial connector
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Subscribe to the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
Connect with Susan McPherson:
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Connect with me
If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee here.
Do you want to sponsor the podcast?
Are you a Dreamer? Do you know a Dreamers I should interview? Leave a voicemail or connect with me on social media.