How to finance your dreams?
Kerry Coddett is a Caribbean-American writer, actress, and stand-up comedian from Brooklyn. She’s a staff writer and character on Showtime’s new show Flatbush Misdemeanors. Touted as “inimitable” by The Huffington Post and as “a rising star” by The Interrobang, Kerry appears on season 2 of Ramy on Hulu and is a core cast member of the new The Iliza Shlesinger Sketch Show on Netflix. Kerry’s work has been featured on HBO, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, and many more media outlets.
She is also the co-founder of Kwanzaa Crawl, an annual New York City community event that, in 2019, brought in $500K in one day for local Black-owned businesses.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Creative ways Kerry used to finance her dreams
- The impact growing up with entrepreneurial parents had on her career
- Tips to network more effectively
- A few financial lessons Kerry learned the hard way
- Actions she is taking to encourage the Black community to pool resources together to increase its economic and political power
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Subscribe to the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
Find the episode show notes and all the links mentioned on the podcast The Dreamers Podcast Episode 15 Transcript
Connect with Davonne Reaves
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Connect with me
If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee here.
Do you want to sponsor the podcast?
Are you a Dreamer? Do you know a Dreamer I should interview? Leave a voicemail or connect with me on social.
Other episodes you might like: