We often make big mistakes when it comes to managing money when we have limited understanding of personal finance. And while side-hustling is the common go-to for making extra money, if you’re not careful or strategic, you could end up having nothing to show for that additional income.
There’s also the mindset blocks that can hinder you from achieving your financial goals, not to mention real-life challenges impacted by culture and upbringing that affect how we view money and wealth management.
If you’re looking to earn more money through a side hustle, improve how you manage money, spend less, or take more calculated risks when it comes to investing, this episode is for you.
The Dreamer joining us this week is Marc Russell, Founder of BetterWallet. Marc teaches people around the world how to make money work for them, earn more, pay off debt, and build wealth.
In this episode, Marc Russell shares:
- How he built a 6-figure side hustle
- Tips he use to pay off $80,000 worth of debt and build wealth
- How to get started as an investor in the stock market without feeling overwhelmed
- Two important questions to ask yourself to become a better investor
- How to create value as a digital entrepreneur
- His path to full-time entrepreneurship
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
Dreamers’ Wealth of Wisdom:
- The biggest investment lesson is to control your emotions. — Marc Russell
- Try to invest based on your risk tolerance, risk capacity, and time horizon. — Marc Russell
- Jump in with a small amount of money initially just to see how it goes. — Marc Russell
- Start conservatively until you understand how the market works through experience. — Marc Russell
- To start a side hustle, it doesn’t have to be the better wall to the world. It doesn’t necessarily have to be online, but it needs to be something that fits your lifestyle and something that you love. — Marc Russell
- If you’re trying to consider a side hustle, it doesn’t need to be one that everyone else is doing. — Marc Russell
- If you are not clear on what it is that you care about, that you’re interested in, then you can easily lose yourself in just trying to do everything. — Anne-Lyse
- The best companies out there are the ones that have relatively very low expenses and very high revenue, and thus their profit is high. — Marc Russell
- Don’t compete on the price. Compete on value. — Marc Russell
Other Resources Mentioned
About the Guest:
Marc Russell is a foster child turned financial educator. Coming from a low-income family, he put himself through college and paid off $80,000 in debt after graduating.
Marc spent much of his career at two of the largest financial institutions in the world where he consulted thousands of households on how to manage their money: the right way. Now, the owner and founder of BetterWallet, LLC, Marc teaches people all around the world how to make money work for them.
Connect with Marc Russell:
Connect with Anne-Lyse:
Other Episodes You Might Like: