Do you ever wonder what it takes to create a successful succession to build generational wealth?
Lauren Miller, AKA “Lo Millie” is a second-generation business owner. She’s a serial entrepreneur and a steward of her family’s legacy. She’s the founder of the millennial-focused lifestyle and travel brand- CANT STAY PUT. Shortly after her father became terminally, she took on the role as her father’s caretaker, with the task of helping him secure his legacy and prepare her and her siblings for his departure.
Today, two years after her father’s death, Lauren and her brother now run the 2nd- generation consulting firm her father started the year before she was born. She’s also continuing to build her business and brand. Lauren is on a mission to share her story and use her family’s legacy as a case study to give insight to her peers on building a legacy of their own and being a steward of the legacy of those that came before them.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What a successful succession plan and wealth transfer looks like
- Things to consider if you want to transmit a business to your kids
- What Lauren’s parents did to raise her to be entrepreneurial
- How Lauren’s family still exploits land that her great-great-grandfather purchased in the early 1900s
- Her experience as a second-generation business owner building an independent brand and business
- How understanding family lineage gives kids a sense of responsibility when it comes to legacy building
- Anecdotes about how Lauren’s father and the first Black mayor of Atlanta, were instrumental in making Atlanta the Black Mecca that it is today
If you enjoyed this episode:
1. Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
3. Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
Connect with Lauren Miller
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Connect with me
If you like the content and would like to support the podcast, you can buy me a coffee here.