Episode 59 with Anjie and RJ from Rich by Intention
When choosing a life partner, a key factor to consider is if your ambitions and goals align with your partner’s.
Disagreements about money are one of the leading causes of divorce.
In today’s week episode, the Dreamers joining us are Anjie and RJ, Founders of Rich by Intention. The couple shared tips on how to effectively manage finances as a couple, the strategies that helped them pay off $123K of debt in one year and the steps we can take to start living a rich life by intention.
With Rich by Intention, Anjie and RJ’s hope is to encourage couples to be rich in their marriage, in parenthood, in life, and ultimately live a rich life by intention.
In this episode, Anjie and RJ share:
- What motivated them to start “Rich by Intention”.
- How to change your mindset around money to build wealth
- The strategies that helped them pay off their $123K debt in 18 months
- Tips to help you increasing your income
- How to create a budget that reflects what’s important to you
- The lessons they’ve learned from their biggest money mistakes
- What you can do to start living a rich life by intention today
If you enjoyed today’s episode, here’s what you can do to support me and help more Dreamers discover the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. I read every single review. I will select one review to read on the podcast every month.
- Follow the podcast, so you never miss an episode: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Amazon Music | Listen Notes |
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Tag the podcast on Instagram @thedreamers.podcast and let me know what you like about it.
Dreamer’s Wealth of Wisdom:
- Go to all your loan providers, find the interest rate, and know how much debt you have. It hurts when you get through this process but what’s important is you know where you are. — RJ
- Get educated about money and shift your mindset into finances. — Anjie
- It doesn’t hurt to ask and you’re not always going to hear ‘yes’, but the more you ask, the more you might get that ‘yes’. — Anjie
- Financial freedom is all about doing what you want when you want. — RJ
- You have to be willing to learn something if you don’t know it. — Anjie
- Connect with the people in the field you want to pursue and learn from them. — RJ
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley and William Danko
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
About the Guest:
Anjie and RJ are a millennial married couple and founders of Rich by Intention. Their mission is to empower couples to manage their money and everyday life with the intention of eliminating debt, saving money, and investing for their future.
After paying off $123K of student loan debt in a year, they are now on a path to financial freedom. Their story has been featured in publications such as Business Insider and Black Enterprise.